Translate

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Sweet Surprise

I'm not going to lie. Yesterday was brutal. A bunch of work in the morning was followed by an afternoon of shifting bricks. Then there were the car trips all over town for the kids' activities. By the end of the day, I was knackered. 

But then I checked the post, and instead of the usual junk mail, a wonderful surprise was waiting for me -- a package. What could it be???

Honey!!! From Buddha and the Bees

Don from Buddha and the Bees took pity on my sad state of affairs (i.e., my lack of honey this year) and generously shared some of his beautiful bounty with me! One jar was from his hive B&B1, and the other was a mix of honey from different hives. He also knows how jelly I am of his gorgeous honey combs, so he even mailed some cut comb to me. What a treasure! Thank you so much, Don!

Having absolutely no self-control, I had to try them right away. Exquisite! If you are looking to buy honey, Don is your guy. Each honey was more delicious than the next. My 6-year old tried some comb and said, "He must have really good flowers. When are our bees going to make honey like this?"

A little bedtime snack
Thanks again for the sweet surprise, Don. You made my day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad I timed the delivery perfectly to help you out on a bad day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be psychic! (Though even on a perfect day, your honey would have been the cherry on the sundae. :-) BTW, I put some on my yogurt this morning -- Yum!)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you think!