Translate

Thursday, June 19, 2014

The World History of Beekeeping and Honey Hunting

Image from Amazon.com
Love is not really the proper word to describe how I feel about books. I feel much the same toward them as I do toward air. They're essential for life.

Recently, I asked someone for a book recommendation, and I was told to read The World History of Bee Keeping and Honey Hunting by Eva Crane. "It's really expensive, though," I was warned, "About $100."

A search for the book revealed that it is indeed quite expensive, but closer to $200. Yikes! As profligate as this may sound, I would consider spending that amount for a really special book, but not without handling it first.

Fortunately for me and my pocketbook, I found a free digital copy of it.Of course, the free version is missing copyrighted images and one's bottom tires from sitting in front of the computer to read it, but all the text appears to be there.

With 720 pages, this book is really more of a textbook than a beach read. However, from my initial perusal, it appears really informative. If you feel like getting your bee-geek on, why not check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you think!