Translate

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bee-Tox -- It's a Real Thing!

Last year, I got stung in the forehead, and immediately, my skin swelled, eliminating any lines I might have. Jokingly, I referred to the incident as "bee-tox." Imagine my surprise when I found out this morning that bee-venom masks actually exists and are used by royalty such as Kate Middleton and Duchess Camilla! Oh, you know I couldn't leave that alone!

A couple minutes on Google revealed that there are quite a few companies that sell beauty creams chock full of venom, including.
  • Abeeco -- "the original bee venom mask from New Zealand!"
  • heaven by Deborah Mitchell -- "Nature's alternative to Botulinum Toxin"
  • Manuka Doctor's Apinourish rejuvenating face mask -- "The venom is extracted using a safe process that ensures that the bee's lifespan, well-being and performance are not affected." (Really? I'd love to know how says this beek.)
  • Beenigma -- "contains the highest concentration of Bee Venom that is perfectly balanced to produce effective results without causing any inflammation."
  • Wild Ferns 
This is not a complete list, but you get the idea. 

Here are some articles as well from beauty magazine Allure and The Huffington Post

You can even find YouTube testimonials to apitoxin, like this one. 


I thought I was being funny last year when I referred to my "beetox" treatment -- who knew it was a real thing?! So what do you think? Next time I visit the hives, should I leave my veil in the house? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Before going on our belated honeymoon my wife and I dropped off my daughter at my wife's folks. Her dad has some mean bees, really mean... b's. Just as we were about to leave one stung my wife just under her eye. She was very worried it would cause a reaction and that at a result she wouldn't to go out and about whilst we were away. In fact it beautifully smoothed out the wrink.... I mean laughter lines. The only problem now was one side of her face looked younger than the other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Perhaps another visit to your in-laws is in order?

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you think!