Translate

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Urban Honey -- Sort of

I have been to NYC enough times to know how to behave -- wear sunglasses, walk briskly, don't block the flow of traffic, and don't look at the buildings. The thing is, I can't help but admire the architecture. So much imagination, time, and effort went into creating these gorgeous facades, I feel they deserve a minute of appreciation. I would be a less complete person if I didn't allow their beauty to fill me, so I gawk like a tourist in tribute to the architects and artisans that created the city.

So anyway, as I was walking along 42nd St. last weekend, I noticed this relief adorning a bank. Do you see it?


How about now in this closeup?



He's got a skep! Ah! Art and honey -- two of my loves in one place!

Yeah, to get this snap, I totally broke all the rules and embarrassed my family to boot, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you think!