Translate

Monday, January 27, 2014

Dream on Bees

Thanks to Dusko of Che Guebee Apiary for posting the following video "Dream on Bees" today. It is, without a doubt the coolest thing I have ever seen. A Ukrainian beek named Nikolai Yaravoy has built some hive sleepers. You read that right! Hive sleepers! Basically, they contain a compartment on top of several beehives in which a person can catch 40 winks. On Yaravoy's website, he extols the virtues of sleeping on bees, claiming that it "gives a person the ease, vivacity, and freshness and youth."


It turns out that Nikolai isn't the only one sleeping on bees. Here is video showing a dorm-style bunk beds.


In fact, a YouTube search will yield all kinds of hive sleepers, predominantly located in the Ukraine and Russia. Dang! I'm going to have to brush up on my Russian so that I can actually follow the audio for this instead of just picking out bits and pieces of conversation.

Oh, I am soooo jealous. I'm sure that my husband is going to purchase a strait-jacket for me when he reads this, but I totally want one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you think!