Translate

Friday, September 20, 2013

Bees, Blood, and Bodily Waste

Recently, I was surprised to see my bees working a bowl of Cheerios. However, I've since learned that bees seem to like all kinds of weird things. My friend, Jodi over at Curious Acorn, told me that her bees work eggshells. I've heard other people say how much their bees like water that has run off from their compost. This morning, though, I learned something completely new.

A blogger I follow shared a post on honeybees that collect blood and urine. Whew! That's a new one to me. I don't think I'll ever look at honey the same way again, though it won't stop me from slathering it on my toast. However, my kids are pretty picky eaters as it is, so I think that's a fact I'm going to keep under my hat for awhile. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you think!