Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Link to an Article on the Amazing Shelf Life of Honey

Honey is such an amazing thing. Once it's capped, it never, like never, spoils. For example, I think that sealed honey was once found in Israel. It was something like 3,000 years old, and it was still good. When my kids heard this, their little brains were blown away.

Honey also has a anti-microbial properties, so I've started putting it on cuts and scrapes. The kids run when they see me break out the jar because they don't like the stickiness, but I have no problems using it (covered with a bandage, of course).

A friend of mine sent an article knowing that I'm obsessed with all things Apis. Although none of the information was new to me, I really enjoyed the article because it does such a great job of explaining the science behind honey's miracle-working properties. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :-)

Link to article: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/08/the-science-behind-honeys-eternal-shelf-life/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you think!